Agency Of Income
  • World News
  • Stocks
  • Business
  • Politics

Agency Of Income

  • World News
  • Stocks
  • Business
  • Politics
World News

Rubio announces visa revocations on Brazilian judge for ‘political witch hunt’ against ex-president Bolsonaro

by admin July 19, 2025
July 19, 2025
Rubio announces visa revocations on Brazilian judge for ‘political witch hunt’ against ex-president Bolsonaro

U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio announced visa restrictions on a Brazilian judge after the country’s Supreme Court issued search warrants and restraining orders against former President Jair Bolsonaro.

Brazilian Supreme Court Justice Alexandre de Moraes, his unspecified allies on the court and his immediate family members will face visa revocations, according to Rubio, who criticized what he called a ‘political witch hunt’ against the former president.

‘President Trump made clear that his administration will hold accountable foreign nationals who are responsible for censorship of protected expression in the United States,’ Rubio said in a statement. 

‘Brazilian Supreme Federal Court Justice Alexandre de Moraes’s political witch hunt against Jair Bolsonaro created a persecution and censorship complex so sweeping that it not only violates basic rights of Brazilians, but also extends beyond Brazil’s shores to target Americans,’ he continued.

As part of the court’s orders, Bolsonaro is prohibited from contacting foreign officials, using social media or approaching embassies over allegations he sought the interference of U.S. President Donald Trump, according to the decision issued by Moraes, who cited a ‘concrete possibility’ of him fleeing the country.

Federal police raided Bolsonaro’s home, and he had an ankle monitor placed on him.

Trump has already attempted to pressure Brazil’s officials to help Bolsonaro by announcing a 50% tariff on goods from the country from August 1 in a letter that began by criticizing Bolsonaro’s trial before Brazil’s Supreme Court on accusations of attempting to overturn the last election.

The U.S. president has pushed Brazil to end the case against Bolsonaro, arguing that the former Brazilian leader was the victim of a ‘witch hunt.’

Bolsonaro is on trial before Brazil’s Supreme Court on charges of plotting a coup to stop President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva from taking office in January 2023.

Bolsonaro told Reuters that he believed the orders against him were issued in response to Trump’s criticism of his trial.

The former president described Moraes as a ‘dictator’ and called the latest court orders acts of ‘cowardice.’

‘I feel supreme humiliation,’ he said about wearing the ankle monitor. ‘I am 70-years-old, I was president of the republic for four years.’

Bolsonaro denied any plans to leave the country, but said he would meet with Trump if he could obtain access to his passport, which was seized last year. He also said he had contacted the top U.S. diplomat in Brazil to discuss Trump’s tariff threat.

White House spokesperson Anna Kelly said on Friday, citing previous comments from Trump, that ‘Bolsonaro and his supporters are under attack from a weaponized court system.’

On Thursday, Trump shared a letter he sent to Bolsonaro.

‘I have seen the terrible treatment you are receiving at the hands of an unjust system turned against you. This trial should end immediately!’ he wrote.

Moraes said in his decision that the restrictions against Bolsonaro were because of allegations that the former president was attempting to have the ‘head of state of a foreign nation’ interfere in Brazilian courts, which the judge called an attack on national sovereignty.

The judge added that Trump’s threats of higher tariffs sought to create a serious economic crisis in Brazil to interfere in the country’s judicial system.

Bolsonaro was also prohibited from contacting key allies, including his son Eduardo Bolsonaro, a Brazilian congressman who has been working in the U.S. to gather support for his father.

The former Brazilian president told Reuters he had been talking to his son almost daily and denied any concerted U.S. lobbying effort on his behalf. He said he expected his son to seek U.S. citizenship to avoid returning to Brazil.

A five-judge panel of Brazilian Supreme Court judges upheld Moraes’ decision.

Reuters contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
Slovenia approves law to legalize assisted dying for terminally-ill adults
next post
The Best Five Sectors, #28

Related Posts

Patriot or ‘Pathetic RINO’? Maverick Republican Thomas Massie...

November 8, 2025

Senate GOP hurtles toward nuclear option after deal...

September 11, 2025

MIKE DAVIS: Why DC’s Trump-hating Judge Boasberg must...

December 13, 2025

Deepfake porn crackdown passes in Senate to allow...

January 13, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: The Department of War marks the...

September 6, 2025

MIKE DAVIS: After Trump case collapses, time for...

November 29, 2025

Epstein estate to hand over ‘birthday book’ to...

August 30, 2025

State Department stays quiet as Albania reinstates deputy...

December 13, 2025

Senate stalls on shutdown vote amid warning furloughed...

October 7, 2025

Pope’s top diplomat blasts Israel’s Gaza offensive as...

October 6, 2025

    Get free access to all of the retirement secrets and income strategies from our experts!

    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Latest News

    • Trump says US contributing $10B to Board of Peace, Iran must reach nuclear deal or ‘bad things happen’

    • Trump White House ballroom proposal gets approval by Commission of Fine Arts

    • Rick Scott says Prince Andrew ‘absolutely’ must face US trial in Epstein case if American laws were broken

    • Built for weeks of war: Inside the firepower the US has positioned near Iran

    • Trump jokes about Nobel Prize at inaugural Board of Peace meeting, says Norway will host Gaza aid gathering

    • CFTC chief sides with prediction markets over state regulators in a high-stakes court case

    Categories

    • Business (206)
    • Politics (20)
    • Stocks (112)
    • World News (1,257)
    • About us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Disclaimer: AgencyOfIncome.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2025 agencyofincome.com | All Rights Reserved